Did you know that more than 50% of people in the United States skip washing their faces before going to bed? Washing your face is one of the skincare essentials, but there are many other steps that you should be taking. If you want to rejuvenate your skin and get rid of blemishes, there are a few things that you will need to try. Continue reading to discover everything you need for the best skincare routine so that you can feel confident!
Wash Your Face
The first step that is always included in the best skincare routine is to clean your face thoroughly.
Many people recommend getting a face washer scrub that is soft on your skin. You can also use a makeup cloth or hand towel to clean up. Washing your face will help get rid of dirt and makeup that has been on your skin all day.
You must clean your face to clear pores, which helps to reduce acne and blemishes from appearing. Another reason you should be cleaning your face with soap is to remove any makeup that you still have on. Certain types of makeup can dry out your skin and create blemishes if left on for too long.
Know Your Skin Type
One of the most important things that the skincare industry has brought to people’s attention is the type of skin they have.
Knowing your skin type can help you buy the right products for your face. There are 4 types of skin: oily, dry, normal, and combination.
If you aren’t sure of your skin type, you can feel the “T” in your face. Feel your skin from left to right across you forward. You will also want to feel your skin from the center of your brow line down to your chin.
Both internal and external factors can impact the type of skin someone has, so this could change over time.
Use Toner & Serum
If your skincare routine goal is skin rejuvenation you won’t want to forget toner and serum.
Toner is a great product to use at the end of the day because it helps get rid of dead skin cells. Although it doesn’t feel like it, toner is an exfoliator that can make your skin appear younger. Some people recommend getting hydrating toner if they have dry skin to prevent it from getting chapped.
The serum is another important step to skincare routines because it helps nourish the skin and protect it. Since the serum is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants it replenishes your skin with hydration. You should use serum after using the toner to prevent signs of aging and acne.
Add Eye Cream
A lot of people just use their face lotion to hydrate underneath their eyes but there is a more effective product.
Eye cream is much more productive in reducing baggy eyes and dry skin. It is best to get eye cream instead of using lotion because the eye cream has a thinner consistency, which won’t make your eyes feel heavy.
Some people recommend storing your eye creams in the fridge. The cold temperature helps reduce inflammation and feels refreshing on the skin!
Depending on your skin type, you will want to find a light lotion for your face and neck.
Try to avoid thick lotions and creams that could clog pores. It is best to understand your skin type and look for a lotion that helps you maintain optimal skin. Moisturizing is essential because it provides hydration and seals in the other layers added during your routine.
If you have dry skin, it might be beneficial to apply lotion to your face at night and in the morning. This is a great idea if you will also be out in the cold to prevent windburn and chapping.
Depending on how much you want to combat aging skin, you can apply retinoid.
Retinoid consists of retinol and vitamin A. Both of these ingredients help to prevent breakouts, dark spots, and fine lines. Most people add this into their routine if they are noticing any of these signs.
Another reason you want to use retinoids to address these issues is that they can help calm irritation for people with sensitive skin. Make sure that you only apply retinoid in the evening, as the sun can make it ineffective. When you do go out in the sun, you will also need to apply extra sunscreen to prevent pain from sensitivities.
Don’t Skip on Sunscreen
A step that should never be forgotten is to apply sunscreen, no matter what time of year it is.
Sunscreen helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays that you barely notice. Wearing sunscreen regulalry can lower your risk of getting skin cancer or showing signs of aging. If you want to be extra cautious, you should apply sunscreen and get a face lotion that also has SPF in it.
Always try to buy broad-spectrum SPF so that your skin can be protected from both UVA and UVB radiation.
Here’s a list of the most selling sunscreens on Amazon
Okimi Lightweight Sunscreen
About this item
- NON-GREASY + DRY TOUCH – This Lightweight, Dry-Touch technology absorbs fast for a clean, ultra-light feel and non-shiny finish formula goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly without contributing to face oil or body oil so it’s a perfect facial sunscreen for oily skin. Plus natural facial moisturizer restores proper hydration to soothe dry skin & reinforce skin’s natural moisture barrier. Vital in beach supplies or vacation essentials, with our travel size.
- LIGHTWEIGHT + FAST ABSORBING – Our formulated sunscreen with a lightweight and fast-absorbing is a popular choice for those who want a sunscreen that feels comfortable on their skin and is quickly absorbed, without leaving a heavy or greasy residue.
- BROAD SPECTRUM – This face SPF moisturizer sun shield is crucial for face care as UV exposure is the #1 cause of premature aging. Protecting against both UVA & UVB Light, our travel size sunscreen is the best daily essential skin care for men & women. Use our facial sunscreen/sunblock daily as a face cream or body lotion for a healthy skin glow.
- MOISTURIZING + LONG LASTING – This daily light moisturizing sunscreen provides hydration and helps prevent environmental damage to skin without white cast or sticky finish, making it comfortable to use every day and to keep your skin healthy and youthful.
- HOW TO USE – At the last step of skin care, take an appropriate amount and spread evenly on the skin
DRMTLGY Anti Aging Clear Face Sunscreen and Facial Moisturizer
About this item
- IDEAL FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: oily, combination, dry, normal, and sensitive skin. This formula is fragrance free, non-greasy, oil-free, paraben-free, and leaves no white residue. Provides advanced protection for every skin tone.
- MULTI-USE ANTI-AGING FORMULA. Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinimade visibly improve the skin’s overall appearance, while Zinc Oxide sun block offers broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
- HYALURONIC ACID AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3) plumps the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduces pore size, corrects uneven skin tone, and hydrates the skin.
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED FORMULA that will not clog pores, or cause breakouts. Provides antioxidant protection that combats skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Join thousands of satisfied customers who have discovered the exceptional value and quality of DRMTLGY’s skin care products. We invite you to visit our Amazon storefront and discover the beauty that awaits you. DRMTLGY’s products work and they work extremely well. We stand behind our products 100%, with a guarantee of significantly transforming and improving your skin. Order now, 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
CeraVe Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30
About this item
- [ SHEER TINTED MINERAL SUNSCREEN ] Universal tint for all skin tones that instantly leaves skin with a healthy glow and offsets the white-cast typically associated with mineral sunscreens. Lightweight, non-greasy feel.
- [ HYDRATING FACE SUNSCREEN ] Formulated with Niacinamide to help calm skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture.
- [ TINTED MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30 ] Can be worn alone or under makeup as a tinted primer with SPF 30. Suitable for all skin types, including dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone. This skincare product doesn’t come with a protective seal.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and can become damaged with sun exposure. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ SAFE AND GENTLE FORMULA ] Oxybenzone free, avobenzone free & benzene free, this 100% mineral sunscreen contains only physical filters Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide. Formula is paraben free, fragrance free & noncomedogenic. FSA Eligible & HSA Eligible
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch
About this item
- 3-fluid ounce travel size bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 for broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- This lightweight and sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish that leaves skin feeling clean. The face and body sunscreen is formulated with Helioplex for superior sunburn protection for your skin
- The Helioplex sunscreen provides superior broad spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays. This sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun
- PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish, making it great for daily sun protection. The convenient travel size sunscreen is perfect for sun protection on the go
- Non-greasy sunscreen from the #1 dermatologist-recommended suncare brand. This sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
SimplyVital Face Moisturizer Collagen Cream
About this item
- Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream – Our powerful skincare formula with retinol, collagen, and hyaluronic acid works to diminish the signs of aging and keep your skin moisturized and filled with a youthful glow. Our moisturizer helps boost skin renewal and elasticity, restoring texture and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles. Enjoy the premium skincare experience and a powerful anti-aging therapy!
- Powerful Retinol Face Cream – With the maximum concentration of retinol in the formula, our moisturizer provides gentle, but effective retinol treatment, working on rejuvenating and rebuilding your skin from the deepest layers to the surface. You will also feel your skin getting softer and more hydrated because of hyaluronic acid, working with retinol to keep your skin moisturized on all levels.
- Natural Collagen Moisturizer – Your skin may start not looking its best with age due to slow collagen production. Our formula will give you nourishment with natural ingredients and the double power collagen boost – by nourishing skin with collagen in the formula as well as kickstarting its natural production – our cream ensures your skin can build itself to its full glory and radiance!
- Premium Face Cream Made In USA – SimplyVital ensures the highest quality of each bottle of retinol moisturizer we produce. We always choose the most powerful and gentle natural formulas, so you can always get what your skin truly deserves and let your natural beauty shine. Our skincare products are made in USA GMP-certified laboratories with the highest manufacturing standards.
- Your Happiness Guaranteed – At SimplyVital, we value your beauty and satisfaction the most. We proudly produce our skincare using the best manufacturing practices, the newest beauty technologies, the help of the best American scientists, providers, and formulators, and natural ingredients. If you are somewhat unsatisfied with your purchase, please contact us, and we’ll make things right for you!
You Can Have the Best Skincare Routine
Trying to create the best skincare routine can be challenging if you’ve never had one before.
There are many steps that you need to take to have skin looking fresh and flawless every day. A skincare routine shouldn’t stop once you have washed your face and added lotion. By adding toner and serum you can get rid of clogged pores and seal in moisture.
Knowing your skin type is important when it comes to buying products but you should always get SPF.
Be sure to check out our blog for more articles about health and wellness, along with many more!