Let’s explore the offerings of SAP S/4 HANA and better understand what makes it different.
SAP has long been a prominent name when discussing enterprise resource planning or ERP solutions. ERP solutions offered by this tech giant are ideally designed to cater to the unique business requirements of enterprises and businesses. Consequently, in recent years SAP has made a shift from conventional on-premise ERP solutions such as the SAP ERP 6.0 to cloud-based ERP solutions such as the SAP S/4 HANA cloud.
SAP S/4 HANA is certainly one of a kind ERP solution that has been helping numerous businesses boost efficiency and automate different processes for better results. The qualities found in this solution sets it apart from most other conventional cloud platforms in 2022. That being said, let’s explore the offerings of SAP S/4 HANA and better understand what makes it different.
Core Technologies Used in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud
Every organization in the 21st century strives to become an intelligent enterprise which is easier said than done. Keeping that in mind, SAP S/4 HANA came forward with three different advanced technologies that will aid enterprises in their journey toward becoming intelligent enterprises. These advanced technologies include:
- Machine Learning: SAP S/4 HANA Cloud comes well equipped with advanced machine learning technology that helps an organization in many ways. This technology is designed to familiarize itself with business processes and eventually automate them. This helps organizations automate different repetitive and tedious tasks while eliminating the chances of encountering any human error. In addition, this also helps an organization realize the optimum level of efficiency.
- Digital Assistant: SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is equipped with a virtual or digital assistant named SAP CoPilot. This assistant helps you interact with the features and functionalities of the ERP solution in the best way possible. SAP’s digital assistant leverages contextual data about the user as well as the data from tasks carried out by them. This allows the virtual assistant to provide users with information relevant to the task and enhance the overall user experience.
- Predictive Analytics: Predictive analytics is one of the most notable strong points of the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud solution. The embedded analytics in the solution is used to derive forecasts and predictions about future trends or actions. Users can even configure the analytics tool to match their preferences. One can even develop predictive analytics into applications such as inventory management for predicting the demand, sales, and procurement of stocks. Sales managers can further use this information to determine the probability of converting leads into paying customers.
Implementation and Configuration of SAP S/4 HANA Cloud
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is made available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) with different subscription alternatives from SAP, both the platform’s owner and operator. The solution will come pre-configured with all the best practices along with different built-in models that allow organizations to standardize business processes in the best way possible.
The intent behind this offering was to reduce the cost, time, and risk associated with the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA Cloud. All the backend management of the solution is managed by SAP, and this includes security, upgrades, and governance. As a user, all you will need to do is integrate data and turn on the required processes while turning the rest off.
Every version of the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is updated every quarter to provide users with access to the latest and cutting-edge technologies. Furthermore, the SAP Fiori launchpad was used to launch users to access all business applications, while a web browser was used for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud. Thus, you will need internet connectivity, URL, and access rights to access the solution.
Why should your Enterprise consider SAP S/4 HANA Cloud?
The unique features and functionalities in SAP S/4 HANA have the potential to transform your enterprise into an intelligent enterprise. This will help you secure your future and keep things running smoothly in the meantime. Nonetheless, some reasons to consider SAP S/4 HANA Cloud for your enterprise include:
- Business Intelligence: The world is driven by data, and every business must be able to leverage the potential of data and use it to its advantage. SAP S/4 HANA Cloud comes well equipped with nuanced business intelligence competencies. Features like dynamic resource allocation, creating end-to-end business scenarios, and embedded intelligent automation can help your management drive better optimization and move with the best-suited business models and processes.
- Centralized Source of Analytics and Data: In general, ERP solutions are meant to use a single source of truth. However, certain ERP solutions complicate things with numerous external integrations. That is not the case with SAP S/4 HANA Cloud, as all data and analytical insights are stored in the SAP HANA in-memory database. This plays a great role in simplifying competitor analysis and predictive analytics as all the functions are running from a consistent internal set of data.
- Suited for Different Industries: Unlike most other ERP solutions available in the market in 2022, SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is not designed for any specific industry. Instead, the solution comes with a scope of larger enterprises and their visions. Since the solution is not designed for any specific industry, one can use the tool as a general foundation. If this does not work for you, there is always the option of taking add-ons from any one of twenty different industries when implementing the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud solution.
- Localization and Globalization: SAP has always been focused on the international market and its needs. Consequently, the tech giant has a global presence across various countries and locations around the globe. In addition, SAP S/4 HANA Cloud also goes a step further with a localization support network covering thirty-four different languages. Thus, your organization and employees can reap the benefits of SAP S/4 HANA no matter where they are.
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is in many ways one of the finest ERP solutions you can get your hands on in 2022. The aforementioned information further cements the fact that other ERP solutions can rarely match SAP’s offerings. Therefore, it would be totally safe to say that SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is different from most cloud platforms currently available in the market.