Whether you want to change the default password of your Netgear Nighthawk router, switch to a different wireless channel, or update the firmware, performing router login is really important. In this article, we have talked about two different methods through which you can log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router with ease. Not just that, we’ve also talked about the troubleshooting hacks that you can use if you come across issues while performing Netgear router login. Thus, wait no more, and read on.
How to Perform Netgear Router Login Manually?
Follow the below-mentioned instructions and learn how to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router using the Manual method:
- Make sure that the Ethernet connection between your wireless router and the existing modem is secure.
Note: The connection between your WiFi devices should not be loose at any cost.
- Once assured, switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address field, type the default web or IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the official login page of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Input the default admin password and username and click the Log In button.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will welcome you.
In this manner, you will successfully be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk login using the Manual method.
How to Perform Netgear Router Login via Nighthawk App?
Take the help of the guidelines mentioned below in order to perform Netgear router login using the Nighthawk router app:
- Before starting, ensure that your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem are receiving an adequate power supply from their respective wall sockets.
- Thereafter, unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store according to the device that you are using.
- Type the Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar of the store.
- Tap the Search button.
- In some time, a list of results will appear on your screen.
- Select Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button.
- In a few seconds, the application will get installed on your mobile device.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed.
- Launch the app.
- Enter the default admin password and username and tap the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home screen will welcome you.
In case you come across any issues while trying to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router, follow the instructions mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Netgear Router Login?
- Check the Ethernet Connection: Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem is not worn out. Or else, you will have to connect your devices wirelessly.
- Update Your Internet Browser: Whether you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer, ensure that it is free of cache and cookies. Apart from that, see that your internet browser is running on an updated version.
- Type the Web Address in the Address Bar: Type the default web address in the address bar of your internet browser instead of the search bar. Otherwise, you will come across the routerlogin not working issue.
- Use the Correct Login Credentials: If you are not sure regarding the default admin password and username, consider referring to the user manual. You will find every little detail regarding your device in there:
- Avoid WiFi Interfere: Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear router login issues is to keep WiFi interference at bay. In simple words, keep your Nighthawk device away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, corners, aluminum studs, concrete walls, etc.
The Bottom Line
By following the guidelines, you will surely be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router login. Now, you are free to change the password of your wireless device, hide its network name, update its firmware, or do pretty much anything you want to do with it.