Netgear range extenders are one of the most wonderful networking devices that are ruling over the digital realm. With high-speed internet performance and connectivity range, Netgear extenders have become everyone’s favorite. If you have also purchased a Netgear extender and are looking for a guide to install it, then you’ve found the one. In this article, we will provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to set up a Netgear WiFi extender. So, wait no more and read on.
Steps to Install a Netgear Extender
Before you do anything else, unbox your brand new Netgear wireless extender and take out the accessories along with it. Once done, follow the steps given below in order to install your Netgear WiFi extender:
- Power Up Your Netgear Extender
After unboxing, plug your Netgear WiFi extender into a wall outlet and press the Power button. Now, wait patiently and let the power LED on your WiFi device turn solid green.
If the power LED doesn’t glow, then chances are that you’ve plugged your Netgear extender into a damaged wall outlet. So, consider plugging your extender into another wall outlet.
- Connect Your Extender and Router
The next step in line is to create a connection between your Netgear WiFi extender and the router. There are two options to connect your devices – using a wireless source or an Ethernet cable.
Note: For a better communication between WiFi devices, use an Ethernet cable to connect them. Also, do not forget to make the connection finger-tight.
- Access Netgear Extender Login Page
Once your WiFi devices are connected successfully, turn on your PC or laptop. Open a web browser that is updated. Thereafter, navigate to the address bar of the web browser and type mywifiext into it. Press the Enter key.
Note: If you come across the ‘mywifiext not working‘ error messagethen consider clearing the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser.
- Log in to Your Netgear Extender
As soon as you press the Enter key, you will get redirected to the Netgear extender administrative page. Now, enter the default username and password of your Netgear WiFi extender into the given fields.
If you’re unsure about the default login credentials of your extender, then refer to the Netgear user manual. Also, make sure that the default username and password of the extender are case-sensitive. Thus, enter them carefully. Once done, click Log In.
- Follow the On-Screen Prompts
Hitting the Log In button will take you to the Netgear Genie dashboard. A few instructions will be revealed on the screen. Follow the instructions carefully and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
In this way, you can install your Netgear wireless range extender. However, if you face issues during the Netgear extender setup process, refer to the following troubleshooting tips:
Fixed: Netgear Extender Setup Issues
- Do not proceed with the Netgear extender setup process until the power LED on your WiFi device does not stabilize.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software and firewalls on your computer before installing your Netgear range extender.
- If you’re using an Apple device to set up your extender, then type mywifiext.local into the address bar to access the extender’s login page instead of mywifiext.net.
- Ensure that your Netgear range extender is placed away from baby monitors, microwave ovens, cordless phones, refrigerators, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, metal doors, etc. Such things can create interference in the path of your Netgear extender’s WiFi signals.
- Most importantly, follow the on-screen prompts with your eyes open to successfully configure your Netgear extender.
This was how you can install your Netgear WiFi extender. Now, you can connect your WiFi client devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext SSID to access a blazing-fast internet connection.