While using Gmail, one of the most irritating and frustrating things that one can encounter is gmail receiving duplicate emails. We are not looking at just one email that you have revived again but numerous emails coming again and again and filling the storage of your Gmail app. In this blog, we are going to discuss stop receiving duplicate email in Gmail account issue and how you can overcome this problem.
Our blog will not only tell you the quick fixes that you can use but we will also tell you what causes duplicate mails to pile up in your Gmail account. This will help you to stop receiving duplicate emails in Gmail in the future.
Why Are You Receiving Duplicate Emails?
This particular problem can happen due to a lot of things and we are highlighting some of them. This will help you to understand the root of the problem.
- Due to phone synchronization
- If you are recovering public folders from the backup folder
- Misconfigured Gmail rules can also lead to duplicate mails
How Can You Avoid Receiving Duplicate Emails?
There are some pointers that you can use to avoid your Gmail getting piled up with duplicate emails. These will not fix your problem but can help in the future so that you do not receive Gmail duplicate emails.
- The very first thing you can do is to check the rules of your Gmai application and make sure that no copies are being sent again and again.
- You can also check the Task Manager to see that only one Gamil application is running at one time. If there are two Gmail.exe then, you may receive duplicate emails at the same time.
- Another thing that you can try to avoid receiving duplicate emails is to delete your email accounts and then uninstall the application again and then add them. It’s a time taking process but it will help you.
How Can You Fix Your Gmail Receiving Duplicate Emails?
If you want to prevent your Gmail sending duplicate emails as well as receiving them then, you need to read these quick fixes we are giving you to resolve your problems.
Use a Different SMTP Server
The very first solution that you can try is to use a different SMTP server in place of the one that you are using. But a different SMTP server will not keep a copy of all the sent and received emails but if you do want to use them then, you can use the SMTP server of the Internet Service provider (IPS). It is also important to use a Gmail server if you are sending messages with the @gmail domain.
Use the Filter Option
You can also prevent duplicate mails by using the Filter option given by the Gmail application. Follow these steps and then make sure you do not receive any duplicate emails.
- Open your Gmail account and then. Choose the option to ‘Create Filters’.
- Here you need to type or paste the email account from which you do not want duplicate mails. This will also help if your Gmail not receiving emails from one sender.
- Once Gmail has categorized the emails, they will be shifted to a separate section.
- There you can select all the email addresses and permanently delete them.
Change the IMAP Settings
You can also try to change the IAMP Settings of your Gmail application to stop receiving duplicate emails from reaching your Inbox.
Use the website Emailspedia.com to know more about the different features of emails and how you can use them. Hope our information has satisfied you.