In the current workplace, the demand to interpret and analyze data has been enhanced quite impressively. Globally, several companies are based upon the information that data scientists offer. With the help of that data, they can make the operations drive better to large-scale processes.
If a person is looking for career opportunities in the field of data science then doing data science certifications will be the best way to improve their skills and it is also useful to stand out against the competition as well as to gain an edge.
In this article, let’s understand the top certifications for data science, which will help an individual improve their industry knowledge, gives them an edge, and also adds value to their data science career.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
The IBM Data Science Professional Certificate is the nine-programdata science certifications online, which covers the following:
- Data science methodology
- Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Open Source Tools
- Machine Learning
- Applied data science capstone
The data science certification takes place online via Coursera with a flexible schedule and takes an average of 3-month to finish it, but an aspirant is free to take more or less time. The program provides hands-on projects to help build a portfolio to showcase the data science talents to potential employers.
Senior Data Scientist (SDS™) from Data Science Council of America (DASCA)
The SDS™ is designed mainly for senior Big Data Analysts and Engineers who are planning to shift to other Data Scientist roles. This is one of the best data science certifications. Thiscertification which is offered by DASCA is valid for total five years and is divided into five tracks that require certain levels of experience. They are:
Track – 1
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track – 2
- Master’s degree and at least four years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track – 3
- Bachelor’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least four years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track – 4
- Master’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least three years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track – 5
- If the candidate is already a certified professional either with Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA™) or Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE™) certification. Then they must have at least four years of experience after getting the SBDA™ or SBDE™ certification.
The complete test preparation knowledge resource will be given by DASCA. These can be availed in 183 countries. The duration this data science certifications online is 100–minutes examination, which is taken by DASCA.
INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
The CAP provides the applicant to gain insights from big data but does not focus on any certain commercial platform. There are a few prerequisites to get the CAP certifications for data science. They are:
- Three years of experience with master’s in the related field (or)
- Five years of experience with a bachelor’s in the related field (or)
- Seven years of experience if the applicant has any degree unrelated to analytics.
- Must pass Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) exam before getting the CAP certification
The CAP data science certification online is valid for three years.
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
The MCSE in Data Management and Analytics offers in-depth knowledge on SQL database administration, leveraging Business Intelligence (BI) data, ML, and building enterprise-scale data solutions, in both cloud-dependent and on-premises environments. Once a person receives a MCSE data science certification, they will be eligible for jobs such as:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Database Designer
- Database Analyst