There is no denying that the advanced features of QuickBooks allow organizations to carry out their regular business tasks with enhanced efficiency. No doubt, it saves your time and effort. However, certain technical issues may crop up while using the QB software. QuickBooks Script Error is one such issue that takes place when you try to open your company file. Moreover, the error message displays no clear information of why the error took place. It restricts you from working on the software and also slows down your update process. To fix this issue at the earliest, you must follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog.
What Are The Causes Of Internet Explorer Script Error?
Below we have mentioned all the major reasons that trigger QuickBooks script error Code 0:
- One of the apparent reasons is Browser configuration.
- The Internet Explorer is not in sync with the QuickBooks application.
- You might already be using Internet Explorer.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Script Error?
Here, we have mentioned some effective methods that can help you resolve script errors in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Edit Internet settings and set Intuit as a trusted website
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to open Internet Explorer.
- Now, click on the Security option under the Settings.
- Then, you have to locate the trusted sites button embed *Intuit.com as a trusted website.
- After that, click on the Trusted Sites option.
- Now, the unmark needs verification for the Server.
- Afterward, exit the window of the trusted site.
- Further, deselect the Enable Protected mode option.
- Close the Internet explorer.
- Lastly, try to execute the QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Enable the Script Debugging option in an IE
To turn on the script debugging feature in Internet Explorer, follow the below-listed steps:
- Firstly, search for the Internet Explorer Tools icon.
- Then, select the Internet options.
- After that, look for the dialog box that displays Internet Options and click on the Advanced icon.
- You need to verify the setting option that appears on the Advanced option.
- Now, click on the Browsing section.
- Afterward, you must enable Script Debugging in an Internet Explorer.
- Click on OK.
- At last, you must exit and try opening the Internet Explorer once again.
Step 3: Clear the Cache Data of Internet Explorer
- Search for the Browsing History option that appears below the Internet Explorer settings.
- Then, click on the Delete option.
- After that, you have to select History> temporary internet files> cookies.
- Now, you have to click on the Delete option.
- Lastly, click on Apply followed by OK.
If the QuickBooks Script Error Line 0 displays again, then you can proceed with the below-listed methods.
Step 4: Run an Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
- Open the Internet Explorer in the first place.
- After that, select the Tools options available under the Settings tab.
- Then, you have to open the Compatibility View Settings.
- Check-mark the box that appears near the Display all websites in compatibility View option.
- To save all the changes made, click on the Save option.
Step 5: Disable Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- To begin, you have to search for the Internet Explorer Window.
- Then, click on Tools followed by the Internet Option.
- After that, select the Manage Add-ons option under the Programs section.
- Afterward, you have to click on the add-on followed by the Disable option present on the screen’s bottom corner.
- Click on OK and close the Internet Explorer.
Step 6: Un-select the SSL certificates in Internet Explorer
- Initially, you have to click on the Gear option present at the top side of an Internet Explorer.
- Then, select the Internet Options.
- After that, you have to select the option that says clear SSL.
- To save all the changes made, click on OK.
Step 7: Apply internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
- To begin, you have to click on the Settings section of the Internet Explorer Window.
- Then, search for the Program option.
- After that, you have to select the Make Default option.
- Further, checkmark the option that says Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser.
- Click on the option “detailed instructions.”
- Lastly, you have to set Internet Explorer as your Default internet Browser.
Summing It Up
We hope the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you eliminate QuickBooks script error without any hassle. If any query persists, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number+1(855)-856-0053. Our experts are available round the clock at your service.