The cooler months are approaching and that’s leaving many of us wondering what clothes we should take to Pakistan in December. The weather in Pakistan over the holiday period is cool, but it doesn’t generally get as cold as more northern, temperate regions.
However, even so, you will still need to wrap up too warm. Temperatures can fall below 10 degrees celsius, and it can rain on more than 50 percent of days.
So, without further ado, which Pakistani clothes should you take to Pakistan in December?
Clothes to take to Pakistan in December
The following is a list of clothes that you should consider taking to Pakistan in December:
- Light jacket: Temperatures are unlikely to fall below freezing in December since Pakistan is relatively close to the equator. However, they can make you feel chilly wearing just a sweatshirt. Packing a light jacket is a good idea, since you can put it on and take it off the moment that you step indoors.
- Fleece: If you’re planning on spending time outside (particularly if you’re going to be sitting still), then you’ll need to pack a warm fleece. Woolen fleeces tend to be the best, as these trap warm air and provide excellent insulation.
- Socks: While sandals are suitable for summer in Pakistan, you’ll want to wear socks in the winter to keep you warm and prevent rubbing against your shoes.
- Long dress: Long dresses are okay in December in Pakistan. However, you’ll need to pair them with a jacket or a blazer to keep your upper body warm. If it is windy, you may want to avoid dresses entirely and opt for pants and blouses instead.
- Pants: Pants are an essential item for spending the winter in Pakistan. They provide insulation for the legs and are great at keeping chill winds at bay.
- Rain jacket: As discussed, it tends to rain quite heavily in Pakistan during December (and the other winter months). More than half of the days have some precipitation. Thus, taking a rain jacket is vital. Choose something that you can wear over the top of the rest of your clothes.
- Luggage cover: Lastly, if you are going to be walking to your accommodation, you might want to invest in a luggage cover for your bags to stop them getting wet. Downpours are common in Pakistan in the cooler months of the year.
How to dress stylishly in Pakistan in December
If you are a woman travelling to Pakistan in December, you’ll want to choose clothing that covers both your shoulders and knees. Most women going to places of worship wear long skirts or pants and cover their shoulders fully. It’s also a good idea to bring a scarf of pashmina with you so that you can wrap up warm if necessary.
Men can wear loose-fitting shirts, and long linen pants. These are great for avoiding getting bitten. It’s also a good idea to pack long-Johns for keeping warm at night.