Unwanted hair in the wrong places can be highly embarrassing especially for a woman like you. However, there are many ways to get rid of unwanted hair. One of the popular and recent methods is the laser hair removal procedure. As this technology is gaining momentum across the world, there are many commercial claims that this procedure is free from any side effects.
Though the incidence of laser hair removal side effects on the skin is considered to be low, more care has to be taken while undergoing this procedure by you as well as your service provider. Read further to know more details about this given topic, so that you can make the right decision before you undergo this hair removal procedure.
How does the laser hair removal procedure work?
A laser is a beam of concentrated light that is emitted by a semiconductor device called a laser-diode. The light rays can be made into different wavelengths as per the external control by the users. These light beams operate between specific frequencies of the light spectrum.
On the application of the laser beam at the targeted area of the skin, it is absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. While producing heat for a few seconds on the hair, it impedes the follicle’s ability to re-grow. This process treats numerous hair follicles simultaneously and also effectively. With the combination of some advanced cooling system and other parameters, make the entire treatment safe and treat all types of skin types including tanned and ethnic skin.
Consider the key parameters
If you are planning to undergo a laser hair removal procedure, you need to consider some factors so that you can have an informed decision. Read the following factor which is not given in any order of importance:
- High cost: Unlike the traditional hair removal methods, laser hair removal treatment has a high price tag. Also, the cost varies according to the size of the area you wish to treat. The bigger the area, the more expensive the treatment will be. More importantly, this treatment is given in multiple sessions and therefore you can calculate the cost accordingly.
- Does not work in all types of skin: Laser hair removal does not work well for all types of skin. So you can choose this treatment based on the compatibility of your skin type. Generally, it works well on light-colored skin with darker body hair.
- Risks & side effects: Every treatment carries some risk elements and such as laser hair removal. It may cause some permanent side effects like permanent skin discoloration of the skin as well scarring. Such events can occur due to over or improper treatment. It is for this reason; you need to look for a clinic that has experts in this laser hair removal treatment.
- Causing pain: Laser hair removal caused some pain and discomfort. The threshold of pain varies from individuals to individuals. If you are having sensitive skin, the pain will be higher.
- Long-lasting results: Though laser hair removal treatment lasts longer, your hair can still grow and hence this treatment is not a permanent treatment to get rid of your unwanted hair.
Hence, before going for this laser treatment, it is wise for you to consider all the above-mentioned information. Also, the success of this treatment is mainly determined by the clinic you choose as well as the persons who are going to treat you.
Myths associated with laser hair removal
ForeverSilky told us laser hair removal treatment has its stigma and many myths as this process involve some amount of laser radiation. It is an advanced technology used in the health care industry like any other gadget. All the devices used for this laser hair removal treatment have passed many safety standards and hence this procedure is considered to be safe. But still, some myths are floated around but facts are different. Read some of such myths and the facts here.
Myth 1: Laser hair removal enhances hair growth
Fact: No. It reduces the hair growth rate as well as hair density, even though it cannot be treated as a permanent solution to get rid of hair. Only the growing process is delayed from this treatment. Hence it reduces the hassles of frequent hair removing processes for modern women.
Myth 2: Hair removal with a laser causes cancer
Fact: There is no scientific evidence to this myth as the radiation from the laser device is a very minimal amount of radiation. Also, it is aimed at hair follicles with less harmful frequencies of radiation. All the devices used for this treatment are approved by the appropriate authorities.
Myth 3: Laser hair removal is painful
Fact: No, it is not as painful as waxing. Since laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure the question of pain does not arise, except for some discomfort.
Myth 4: Laser hair removal causes infertility.
Fact: No scientific evidence to claim this myth. None of the radiations used for the laser hair removal penetrates the other parts of the body. These radiations are aimed at hair follicles and no other parts of the body.
Having discussed the laser hair removal side effects on the skin we need to have some conclusion on this above-outlined message. As per medical experts, laser hair removal is inherently safe, provided it is administered properly by certified professionals. Certainly, this is not a DIY project due to many complex reasons that are involved in this procedure. As per findings, the highest incidence was witnessed with darker skin treated with a ruby laser that has a very high pulse rate. When it comes to safety and side effects, the real answer lies in the types of skin you have as well as the right laser machine used for your hair removal procedure.