Netflix is an online streaming service that has made a reputation for itself as the channel with only the best shows of all times. They don’t shy away from investing in what they know are the best movies and TV series available out there. They have also expanded their horizons into various languages and regions across the globe.
Netflix Various Plans:
- Basic $8.99/month – provides viewing on a single device but no High definition option.
- Standard $12.99/month – provides HD videos and allows for viewing on 2 simultaneous screens.
- Premium $15.99/month – provides viewing on 4 screens at the same time as well as a 4k viewing option
In India they Provide 4 Different Plans:
- Mobile Phone Rs 199/month – Single screen service.
- Basic Rs 499/month – Single screen service.
- Standard Rs 699/month – 2 simultaneous screens.
- Premium Rs 799/month – 4 simultaneous screens.
Netflix runs some of the most popular shows in every genre. Let’s look at some of the best thrillers you can binge-watch to evade your boredom.
How to Get Away with Murder
A lawyer and her best students have a small private practice together. However things take a weird turn when they are themselves caught in a criminal web. As suspects to murder, now they have to find a way out with the help of Annalise’s henchman.
Why watch How to get away with murder?
- It takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride from the privacy of your home.
- It evolves with every season and never disappoints
- It delivers thrills with a melodramatic twists and a captivating lead.
- The stakes are high therefore the thrill feels real.
- It is very addictive
Watch this series to get an enchanting and mysterious peak into the life of crime.
Have you ever been in love? I’m talking about the all-consuming, do or die kind of love. What would you do if you found the person that you absolutely cannot let go?
YOU is the story of a man who falls in love and doesn’t know how to let it go. He will do anything to have her, including remove every obstacle in his path, by whatever means necessary.
Why watch You?
- The character played by Penn Badgley has multiple dimensions to it. He is not a psychopath or a sociopath. He has a new kind of obsession which is never ending.
- The plot may be sinister, but the actors look so natural in their roles.
- The thrill and the suspense is going to keep you on your toes till the very end.
- The characters are unpredictable as compared to other shows.
- Most importantly, the plot is always unexpected.
- You should definitely wait for the surprise endings of each season.
It is because he is watching YOU!!
Keeping in pace with Pretty little liars, Riverdale is the story of how an investigation ensues after the death of Jason Blossom, on the 4th of July.
Why you should watch Riverdale?
- This show illustrates Archie and his friends in a whole new world of Drama, Mystery and crime.
- The characters have more depth as compared to the comic book.
- Its placed in the real world therefore the consequences of their actions are very real.
- You see a different and more believable and admirable side of the hamburger-munching Jughead. (Spoiler Alert: He’s actually very intelligent.)
- The mystery is very realistic and has it will make you wonder.
This is the show that will help you re-live your good old days, albeit with an interesting twist in the tale.
In a fictional, rural town of Indiana, the disappearance of Will Byers leads to a chain of events that eventually unfolds a dark secret that was unbeknownst to the community. Malicious supernatural forces and dark government agencies descend upon the once peaceful town.
Why watch Stranger Things?
- It’s a combination of science and supernatural.
- It demonstrates a whole new dimension of the world as we know it.
- The concept is extraordinary.
- It takes you back to the phase of wonderment and imagination with the 80’s theme.
- It is intriguing and engaging. It keeps you hooked with every episode.
Cora is an ordinary young woman who commits a shocking crime in full view of many witnesses. As viewers, we also witness the crime, so there is no doubt about her guiltiness.
Means and opportunity are also not in question. But what is the motive?
Why watch the Sinner?
- Very unusual, very dark and very disturbing but the ultimate plot unfolds.
- The acting is simply brilliant.
- The plot thickens with every episode but you will definitely want the answers.
- It keeps you engaged and at the edge of your seat.
- It gives the viewer intricate hints so you are basically solving the crime along with the detective.
If you’ve ever wondered what kind of a detective you could have been, this show is designed for you.
The Mumbai police receives an anonymous phone call from a gangster who intends to blow-up the city. A battle I instigated between a cop and the gangster.
Why watch Sacred Games?
- Directed by one of The Most gifted film-makers of Indian film industry: Anurag Kashyap accompanied by Vikramaditya Motwane
- You will wait with bated breath for every episode. The thrill is never ending.
- One of the few series that has a good beginning filled with suspense and intrigue.
- It is gripping, fascinating, dark, thought-provoking and chilling. It also holds true testimony to India’s tense social and religious vibes.
- Every actor is top notch.
If you’re not from India, watch it with subtitles, not the dubbed version. The true essence of this brilliant show is in the tone.
Narcos talks about the real-life story of the worldwide development of cocaine drug cartels and consequent efforts made by law enforcement to eliminate the threat it posed by violent and brutal means.
Why watch Narcos?
- It’s the true story of notorious drug lord, Pablo Escobar and rooted in reality.
- It has darkness, intensity and smart writing
- Maintains thoroughness so we get to see both sides of the drug trade, the clichés and even the everyday life that surrounds it.
- Engaging plot that surprises you even when you know what to expect.
- The cast is well chosen and creates an atmosphere of authenticity.
Black mirror is set in an alternate universe that is different from ours by only a few minutes. It discloses the how modern technology can backfire on humanity. Every episode deals with characters tackling unique problems created due to the use of technology.
Why Watch Black Mirror?
- A mix of bleak sci-fi, drama, satire and black comedy
- Most intelligently designed TV series.
- Different stories in different episodes that give you closure at the end.
- Shows the downfall of the technologically dependent world and how things can change in a matter of 10 minutes if we are not cautious.
- As the title suggests, it’s holding a pessimistic mirror to society.
This show is a must watch. The world has already gone too far. It’s time to reflect. This show serves that purpose of holding up a mirror to the world.
Exploring the mind of serial killers and simultaneously moving past the stigma of back-end officers, the duo profile modern serial killers.
Why watch mindhunters?
- Enters the minds of serial killers seeking their psychology and methodology.
- Surprising and unpredictable plot twists.
- The trance created by the music and the scenes are enchanting.
- The content is deep and makes you wonder.
- Each character will make an impression on your psyche.
And finally, my favourite series of ALL time…
The life of the legendary detective set in the 21st century. It’s a modern day take on the stories by the brilliant writer Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Why Watch Sherlock?
- Brilliant method actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman portray the epic characters to the bones.
- The intricate details by Mark Gatiss is above and beyond the realm of genius.
- Every detail of the clues, the crimes, the deductions and the plotting is all minutely taken care of.
- The peak into the minds of a high functioning sociopath and the war among the minds of true geniuses, Sherlock, Mycroft and Moriarty is absolute brilliance.
- The antagonists also possess great finesse and are appropriate challengers to the protagonists.
This show is not a representation but an embodiment of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s creation. If you have ever read even one of the 56 stories or 4 novels of the novelist, you cannot find flaws with the characters in this show, or the plots for that matter. This is an absolute Must Watch for everybody.
The story of a member of the CSU team, who moonlights as a murderer of murderers.
This series ended quite a while ago, but still stands strong when it comes to the mysterious projections of the human mind.
Why watch Dexter?
- It is a masterpiece.
- The backstory of Deters life is quite intoxicating. For once we are exposed to how an avenger is prepared.
- You get to look, in detail, into the mind of a character.
- The acting is so realistic, it’s going to make you wonder about the real life of the actors.
- You cannot, and I mean CANNOT, stop watching.
So do watch these brilliantly created series and let us know how much you enjoyed each one of them.
A die-hard romantic with ridiculous fantasies and a flare for dramatics. I love adventures and I want to take you on an adventure of my making through my writing.