Python is the most in-demand programming language nowadays. It is used in multiple areas like databases, websites, artificial intelligence, gaming, data science etcetera. Learning python is challenging and one can easily get demotivated. But the question is how you can learn python fast?
The only way you will be able to learn python fast is if you can figure out the purpose of learning python. Yes, you must have a clear picture in your mind whether you want to learn python for website development or data science, gaming, or AI. You need to follow a step-by-step approach for effective learning. You need to keep yourself motivated in order to become a pro in python.
First, you need to understand the building blocks of python. Building blocks are what a language is made up of. Moreover, it also depends on how much time you can devote to yourself for studying and practicing on a regular basis. If you have prior experience in coding in another language, then it will be somewhat easier for you to learn python. On the other hand, if you are a novice then it is going to take a bit more time but that does not mean you should give up on the idea of learning python. Here in this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to learn python fast.
- Understanding fundamentals
- pick your area of interest
- make notes
- bug finding
- peer learning
- teach others
- ask questions
- structured projects
- build your own project
- raise your project level
Let’s discuss these steps in detail how to learn python fast-
- Understanding fundamentals-
- yes start with basics. First learn about the fundamentals. Good understanding of fundamentals will make your core strong. You will have a good hold on the language as you learn further. It will be easier for you to understand more complex concepts. Good hold on fundamentals will help you in solving problems easily. Fundamentals will enhance your understanding of the language. Basic fundamentals include learning about-
-classes and objects
You can find all the information related to fundamentals on the internet. In fact, you will find multiple resources to choose from. Learning all these fundamentals will help you in writing the python syntax.
- Pick your area of interest- figure out your area of interest in which you want to proceed in python. Python is used in multiple areas-
– Data science
– building apps
– Web development
– Artificial intelligence
– Data analysis
It is very important to choose your area of interest. Choose at least one or two areas of interest in which you want to proceed further. It will give you a sense of direction. It will help you in figuring out your learning materials. You will be more focused and your mind will feel at ease. Hence you will be working on projects that are of your interest. It will keep you motivated and will lead to accomplishing your goal without boredom.
- Resources- find out the resources from which you want to learn python. These can be interactive resources, non-interactive resources and video resources or you can also hire a personal tutor for yourself.
– Interactive resources are available online for a minimal fee and they provide you with course modules, coding questions, and explanations.
– Non-interactive resources include books and research papers. These are the most traditional resources.
– Video resources- there are so many video tutorials available online. Almost for every subject, you can do a video tutorial. These can be pre-recorded sessions as well as life-streamed. They are the most convenient of all.
- Coding- once you have figured out your learning resources it’s time to start coding. Start with writing basic programs and increase your difficulty level slowly. Only coding for various problems will let you know how much you have learnt. It will help you in memorizing and you will be able to retain what you have learned.
- Make notes- yes make notes of what you are learning. In fact it is proven that writing by hand will help in long term retention. You will be able to understand more. If you make notes you can look back at them any time you get stuck. Also they help you in revising the concepts in case you need any.
- Finding bugs- getting stuck is irritating but it’s part of programming. When you are writing complex programs, bugs will be there. Debugging is a great way to find out your mistakes. Go through your code carefully section wise and try to figure out the mistakes. Break your lengthy program into small sections to examine. Adopt debugging as a helping tool in enhancing your programming skills.
- Peer learning- yes peer- to- peer learning is a great way to learn python fast. If you are among people who are also learning python it will help you a lot. This will help you in brainstorming your ideas and sharing the experiences. It will keep you motivated.
- Teach others- yes teach others. Teaching others is the best way to do something. Teach others whatever you have learned in python. It will help you understand where you stand in your learning process. It will help you in identifying the gaps and rectifying them. You will get to know where you need to focus.
- Ask questions- asking out questions is a great way to understand. It will help you in clearing your doubts and enhances your learning process.
- Structured projects- start by doing structured projects before moving onto your own projects. There are many online resources which offer structured projects. These projects include documentation which helps you to figure out your errors. These projects build your interest as they help you in preventing you from getting stuck.
- Build your own project- build your own project. Start with a small and simple project easy to accomplish. A project that you are able to finish on your own. It will help you gain confidence. Building something on your own is really important. This will bring the most out of you. How you build something and solve it will teach you a lot.
- Raise your project level- keep evolving your projects and difficulty level. As soon as you become a pro with what you are doing, start trying to build something new and harder. This will enhance your confidence and you will gain a good understanding of python. Python is a continuously evolving language, so it’s better to keep learning and building new projects.
In this blog, we cover everything about how to learn python fast. In order to learn python faster, you need to be doing projects. One needs the right motivation to do it. It is a really fun process to learn python if you have got the right direction. Python is a language that keeps on progressing. So no one understands it fully. The only way to keep yourself at pace and learning faster is to keep working on projects. They will keep you on the right track and will get you to a high level of proficiency.