A restrictive covenant is a promise included within a legal agreement that prevents one party from the contract from taking any specific action. When an individual or a party enters a restricted covenant, they are refrained from using a particular property or doing something in a way, which is ultimately restricted by the contract. To understand how exactly this contract works, you must contact the Restrictive Covenants Property Lawyers as they have a good understanding of this particular area.
The Property lawyers Perth will also enable you to avoid unwanted issues or problems when you have decided to make a restrictive covenant. They are skilled and experienced enough to provide you with meaningful insights about the contract. If you want to learn about it, please check the information provided below.
Types Of Restrictive Covenants You Will Encounter
There are several types of restrictive covenants, which you will surely come across. Look below!
- The Non-Competent Agreement
This particular agreement will prevent one party from directly competing with another party within a defined geographical location or for a specific time. The party that doesn’t wish to compete should be compensated differently by the other party who wish to compete.
Instances To Know About
- For instance, an employer will make all its employees sign a non-competent agreement. Why? Well, it’s simply because the employer doesn’t want them to compete against him/her after they depart from the company.
- Another example to check out is when a business owner sells their own business and doesn’t wish to set up another one. The business owner will sign a non-competent agreement so that he/she doesn’t compete with the brand-new owner.
- The Non-Solicitation Agreement
This agreement will stop a former employee from soliciting all the customers or employees from their former employer after they depart from the organisation or business. Many businesses out there require senior executives like CEOs, managers, and accountants to create the non-solicitation agreement.
To make it enforceable, the restrictive covenant has to define all the reasonable limits either according to the type of work, a period of time or a geographical area. On certain occasions, you will encounter specific laws that make these agreements unenforceable until they introduce some trade secrets.
- The Non-Disclosure Agreement
The non-disclosure agreement stands out as a legal agreement or contract between an employee and employer. This particular contract prevents the employee from disclosing confidential or proprietary information and processes of the company. In return, the employee should be adequately compensated for signing this specific agreement.
- The tenure details: Non-disclosure agreements will only stay active during the employee’s tenure and for a specific time right after they depart from the firm or company. The agreement must protect crucial information or confidential information about the company or business to make the contract enforceable.
- Responsibilities of in–house employees and freelancers: On the other hand, these agreements are used for the services of an independent contractor or freelancer. The freelancer doesn’t carry an inherent loyalty towards the business but will surely acquire essential data of the company while working with the employees.
Businessowners invest plenty of funds to develop a particular company or business, the customers and its employees. A restrictive covenant is created to protect such valuable investments.
- Limitation Of Property Utilization
This is the most common type of restrictive covenant where you will be limited on the things you can do with a particular property. These restrictions are set within a place to keep all the residential properties within a development-looking uniform. The uniformity will help in maintaining the property values. You can expect to see limitations on utilising your property and the type of unacceptable design choices.
The Benefits Of Restrictive Covenant
You will come across some unique and outstanding benefits of a restrictive covenant. To know what they are, please check the information below.
- Dispute Mediation: The CC&R documents clearly show the unacceptable and acceptable behaviour within the community. For instance, when your neighbours have decided to throw a party at 2 am, the HOA or Homeowners Association will easily mediate the dispute for you.
- The Neighbourhood Will Maintain Its Appearance: Restrictive covenants will surely maintain the feel and look of the neighbourhood in a hassle-free manner. For instance, your neighbours cannot decide on purchasing chickens or goats or try to leave out garbage on their lawn.
- Value Protection: Restrictive covenants has the power to retain the home values. They will ease up some of the worries many potential buyers have about your property and enable you to sell your home in a stress-free manner later on.
Things You Must Consider Before Opting For Restrictive Covenant
Even though choosing the restrictive covenant is an excellent choice, but there are several things, which you must put under your consideration. Check below!
- You Pay For Rule Enforcement: Homeowners Associations or HOAs receive their monthly fees, which gets levied from everyone who lives within the community. Your HOA fees might range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on where you reside.
- You Don’t Have Much Control Over Your Property: Many homeowners out there do not like it when people tell them what they can’t do and what they can do on their property. But when you move in within a covenant-controlled community, you have to follow the rules there. Otherwise, you will surely face penalties.
- The CC&R Is A Legal And Binding Document: Many people think they can press on their luck and ignore all the rules they refuse to agree with. The CC&R stands out as a legal contract or agreement that affords all your HOA avenues and will use them to correct all your violations. The Homeowner Association will come to your property unexpectedly to check whether you are violating a rule. They will also find you if they discover discrepancies.
Restrictive covenants are something that you must opt for when you are thinking of purchasing a home. They are not just used within the area of real estate but also within the business sector as well. Make sure you contact a qualified and experienced attorney who deals with Restrictive covenants Property Lawyers related to real estate and business