In this article, we are going to look at what is QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 and how they can be solved. QB is a state-of-the-art software program from Intuit which allows users to perform their accounting-related tasks smoothly. It has been very helpful for accounting professionals in their accounting-related tasks and performs better. Sometimes users get this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 in their system which can be an obstruction in the smooth functioning of their work.
What is QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 is a runtime error that a user may get at the time of trying to open (.QWB) file or at the time while trying to run QB desktop on a multi-user network. This error may appear when you try to access a QB file that is being used by someone else at the same time By doing the given below solutions you can easily solve this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
- This error may appear when you try to access a QB file which is being used by someone else at the same time.
- When QB installation process is not complete or you have downloaded a corrupt QuickBooks software link.
- When you try to access the folder which does not have permission for you to access
- When a user has installed QB incorrectly or incompletely.
- When the QB files are corrupted by any kind of malware or virus attack
- When there is any QuickBooks programming change, it may result in corruption in Windows registry.
- If there is a difference in exchange log record (.TLG) and organization document (.QBW)
- If any client has signed in organisation record through single user mode
- If you are using the pirated or old copy of Windows
- If you have deleted the important driver in the system which was needed for running QuickBooks.
Solutions to QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
Now let’s look at some of the methods we can use to solve this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
1. Update Version of QuickBooks
You may get this QuickBooks error 6189, 816 in your system if you have not updated the latest version of QB you need to keep your QuickBooks software updated by updating to the latest version to avoid this QuickBooks error 6189, 816.
2. By Restarting Your System
- Reboot the system of the server computer that has QuickBooks software
- Now you need to restart every workstation
- Next stop you can perform is to open the QB desktop on your system and every workstation.
3. Checking QuickBooks Company File Storage Location
You will need to check that your data file (QBW) should not be placed on a removable pen drive or hard disk. The problem may occur again if you use the QB online backup files. To get rid of this prole you will need to move your (QBW) file to a local hard drive.
4. Verifying the QuickBooks Data Service User Permission
You will need to verify the user permissions to QB Data Service User for the version of QB. For this you need to copy the file to the desktop and open it directly from the desktop. If it is opening there may be folder damage at the place in the system where the QuickBooks file is saved.
5. Repairing Your QuickBooks Company File
You need to try using login by other user credentials. If you are able to log in then there is damage of data and you will have to resolve it by repairing your QuickBooks.
We hope that the above given solutions will help you in solving this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816. You can easily solve this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 by accepting these so