Even if you are new to Canon printers, setting up a Canon printer is very easy. Setting up a Canon IJ printer can be done in three main steps: setting up a Canon Wi-Fi printer, setting up a wireless connection for a Canon printer, and setting up a printer via USB. Now you’re probably wondering about drivers-where do you get them? no doubt! If you want to download the Canon printer driver for your printer, you can also go to ij.start.canon and use the ij Startup Guide to set up your Canon printer. If you would like to start the Canon printer setup process, please visit ij.start.cannon. This page describes some of the common questions and topics you’ll want to learn.
Steps to set up a Canon printer via ij.start.canon
The Canon Ij Printer Setup allows you to mechanically connect your printer to your Wi-Fi home network using Canon Wireless Connect. This saves you the trouble of connecting cables and wires to another device. All you have to do is make sure your wifi router is turned on. Be sure to install the printer software before proceeding with the Canon printer setup.
- Go to the http //ij.start.canon page and enter the model number of your Canon printer to find the correct driver.
- Download the driver to your computer or laptop.
- For a Canon printer Wi-Fi setup, follow the instructions to install the software on your computer.
- Then go to the printer and turn it on. Go back to your computer or laptop and start with the software you have installed.
- You will then be prompted to choose either an Ethernet or wireless option, depending on the type of network connection.
- You need to select the wireless option and click “Yes”, “Send Wi-Fi settings to Canon printer”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Canon printer setup process.
Canon printer setup wifi
Canon Wireless printer setup is probable if your Canon printer has a LCD display and you have an active wireless network at your home. Now are the instructions to start with the Canon ijsetup using a wireless network?
- Go to your Canon printer and connect the printer power cord to it. Check you plug your Cord into the power hole.
- For the wireless printer setup Canon, Push the Power button on your printer to Switch On.
- Note – In case you already have aCanon printer connected to your computer using a USB wire, confirm you unplug the USB wire and the Ethernet wire.
- Next, go to the Network menu on your Canon Printer using its show.
- Choose the Wireless Settings option and after that go to the Wireless Setup Wizard of your printer.
- Let your printer notice all active Wi-Fi networks. Place your home Wi-Fi network and try to connect your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you are driven to enter the WPS/WPA Network Key, ensure you remember it.
Comprehensible process to download the Canon Printer Driver
The next step concerned in the Canon Printer Setup is to download the newest and most recently launched printer driver according to your Canon printer model. The following are the useful and whole procedures that will help you to download the Canon Printer Driver.
- In the very first, you will require a usually used Internet Browser.
- Next type url “canon.com/ijsetup” after that hit enter
- This will fetch the required Homepage. Here, you be supposed to search the “Setup” tab. For this, look at the top left-hand. after that, click on it to right of entry its Setup window.
- Now Enter Model Number Search bar
- Next, click on the “Go” tab to search the Printer Model.
- As a result, the following window will show a safe download link for Canon Printer Setup. Therefore, click on “Download”.
- To will start the downloading progression. This process is time-consuming. So, you will have to wait for its finishing point.
Install Printer Driver
- Start the process by locates the downloaded Printer Driver wrap up on your Computer.
- Once placed, you must open the same. For this, twice-click on it.
- The following window will supply a safety Prompt to authenticate your System. Therefore, click on the button that says “Run”.
- While the “User Account Control” window seeks your authorization to start the Installation process, pick “Yes”.
- As a result, Canon Wizard’s Welcome window will come into view. Here, you should choose the “Language” tab. next, choose a language of your choice.
- Now, click “Next”.
- The next window prompts you to “choose Your Place of Residence”. So, select suitably from this list. After that, click “Next”.
- With this, its “License Agreement” window will turn up. Now, review the terms properly. After that, click “Yes”.
- Finally, the Installation will start for the Canon Printer Setup.
Canon Ij Printer Setup using USB Cable
Canon ij printer setup using USB cable only just takes a few minutes. You just have to visit the ij.start.cnnon page and download the driver for your printer. Full instructions are given below;
- Go to the ij.start.canon or www.canon.com/ijsetup and enter the model number of your Canon printer.
- Discover the proper driver for your printer and effort to download it to your computer or laptop.
- You can also go to the canon support to get help downloading the driver for your printer and setting it up.
- Once you download the software or driver for your printer on your laptop, start it in order to install it.
- Later than the installation is finished, follow the on-screen commands and choose USB when prompted to choose the connection type.
- The Canon ij Printer Setup will be finished successfully. Try to run a test print in arrange to make sure the printer is linked to the computer and is working completely well.
Canon Printers Troubleshooting
Canon printers troubleshooting are very significant for you to know as a user. You should know how to troubleshoot problemswhile you face them in upcoming. Here are some of the mutual troubleshooting steps that you essential to remember;
- If you see the Canon printer not working, restart the printer and confirm whether there is adequate ink inside the cartridge.
- Your Canon printer should not be out of pages. You continuously have to confirm a correct backup of pages in your printer.
- Canon printer not linking? If the printer is linked through Canon printer setup wifi method, verify you power progression your printer and router.
- If you can’t recognize the technical problem that you are facing with your printer, uninstall all Canon printer drivers and reinstall them on your computer.
- Follow the commands to perform Canon printer setup on your PC again.
You want to go through the Canon printer troubleshooting whenever you come through any issue with your Canon printer. Please do not reset the device straight. Initially, you should find whether the problem you are facing is major or slight. If the problem is minor and temporary in nature, you should always go for troubleshooting. If you think that the problem has not been resolved even after the troubleshooting, you can continue with the Canon printer reset process.
I am here for Profile creation and Post technology post on various products.